Wednesday, January 3, 2007

... and I thought Chicken Little was stupid, too

At Buddy's insistence, we rented Monster House last week, which means that it has been in constant rotation here for days.

Um? I have a few questions?

  1. Did it take anybody else six viewings to finally understand why Nebbercracker was always scaring kids off his lawn?
  2. Why did Nebbercracker come back from the hospital in an ambulance?
  3. I know the movie is supposed to be scary (and it did successfully scare the crap out of Bear) but do they realize it's really just disturbing?
  4. Is anyone else bothered by the whole Constance-the-Fat-Freak backstory?
  5. Does Pixar keep all the good CGI script writers locked up in a cage somewhere, so no other animation company can use them?
I dunno, it just seemed that the bits that were neither contrived nor convoluted were still just creepy. But it looks like Steve Buscemi has a whole new career ahead of him in voice work.

I did like the video-game-champion-pizza-guy voiced by John Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) -- Do you like the steel of my blade? It's so cooold! But I don't think that's enough to make me forget to return this one to Blockbuster.

No comments: